The Trygsland Family
Trygsland of Bjelland in Marnardal, county of Vest-Agder
The Trygsland farm is situated in Bjelland in the municipality of Marnardal north of Mandal in Southern Norway.
© 1995 Dag Trygsland Hoelseth
- The Trygsland Family on Facebook! Join in! For descendants of Lars Larsen Trygsland (1842-1917) of Bjelland [Marnardal], Vest-Agder, Norway.
- Tarjerd Trygsland, who was married to Trygve Trygsland (d. 1995), b. 21 May 1920, died at Marnardal 26 January 2009 (cf. the death announcement in Lindesnes 28 January 2009).
- Borghild Norli, née Trygsland, died at Kristiansand on 20 May 2008.
- Søren Torbjørn Trygsland, oldest son of Lars Trygsland (1905-1982), b. 28 May 1945, died on 5 April 2007.
As of now only a short version of the older generations of the Trygsland genealogy will be published here.
Lars Larsen Trygsland, b. 25 November 1842, d. 23 September 1917, son of Lars Aanensen Mindrebø and Siri Salvesdatter; m1. Bjelland church [Marnardal] 11 April 1867 Targjer Salvesdatter Åmsland, b. Finsland [Songdalen] 7 May 1843, d. 31 May 1889, daughter of Salve Syvertsen Åmsland and Guri Sørensdatter Kleveland; m2. Bjelland church [Marnardal] 13 July 1894 Anna Olsdatter Bjerland, b. 23 December 1845, d. 29 June 1927, daughter of Ole Torkildsen Bjerland and Anna Johnsdatter (?). 6 children from his first marriage (A-F):
- Siri Larsdatter Trygsland, b. 1868; m. Søren Torkildsen Røynesdal, b. 1868. Midwife. 7 children.
- Lars Larsen Trygsland, b. 1869, d. 1955; m. Gunvor Tobiasdatter Refsnes, b. 1874, d. 1961. Farmer at Trygsland, Bjelland [Marnardal]. 8 children.
- Salve Larsen Trygsland, b. 1874, d. 1964. Emigrated to Canada. Unmarried.
- Søren Larsen Trygsland, b. 1878, d. 1967; b. Guri Ubostad, b. 1883, d. 1955. 10 children. Farmed at Ytre Homme, Bjelland [Marnardal].
- Guri Trygsland, b. 1880, d. 1952. Teacher and author. Unmarried.
- Anna Larsdatter Trygsland, b. 1883, d. 1970; m. Ola Ubostad, b. 1881, d. 1958. 6 children.
See also Dag T. Hoelseth's ancestry table for more genealogical details.
Søren Trygsland (d. 1967) and his wife Guri, née Ubostad, farmed at Ytre Homme, Bjelland. The farm is still in the Trygsland family. The website editor's grandfather Ingvald Trygsland (1913-2004), a younger son of Søren and Guri, was born here.
Monan, Ytre Homme, 1950s (?).
© 2007 Dag Trygsland Hoelseth
This page was last updated on Sunday 17 March 2013
(first time published at http://www.geocities.com/dagtho/trygsland.html on Monday 27 October 2003).
© 2003–2013 Dag Trygsland Hoelseth